grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Girl Parts

Girl Parts - John M. Cusick Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This was a really interesting read but not really what the blurb leads you to believe. I did not find it to be stunning or hilarious. There are a a few funny moments but mostly it is angsty and though provoking.

The key element of the kids dis-associative disorder is very relevant to today's teens. The start of the book is really jarring with the teen suicide. It would have been nice to get more of the background situation of that event.

The narrative alternates between three POVs, Charlie the quiet loner, David the rich self absorbed kid and Rose the companion robot. Charlie and Rose both had substance and growth throughout the book. David seemed like he was going to grow but really stayed the same jerk from beginning to end. It makes you feel bad for Rose, she is programmed to love him no matter what, that might even be a commentary on teenage romances in general.

The end is rather vague for Rose, you are never really sure what becomes of her. Charlie has a clearer ending and it is well deserved. David is kind of in the same place he was at the start of the book.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Chris Patton, he did a great job of getting me into the story. Each character has a distinct voice, it was really easy to tell who was speaking. His reading speed helps to make the book move along at a steady pace. He did a great job with the ladies voices as well.

I liked the book but it was not a love connection. There seemed to be so much potential for the characters, sadly the ball was dropped. In the end it was entertaining and thought provoking but never really became deep. It was more of a snack than a full meal, definitely leaves you wanting more.