grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Keepers (Alchemy Series) (Volume 1)

The Keepers (Alchemy Series) (Volume 1) - Donna Augustine I was not sure what to expect from this book, it was a happy surprise in the end. I love Jo's spunk and attitude! The whole book is in her POV, so ya kinda have to like her. She has dumb girl moments, but they seem more connected with her youth. She really does kick butt when she puts her mind to things!

I would have loved to get into the other character's heads, especially dishy Cormac. There are times you get hints of a romance but it is more about the suspense than the love in this book.

Really great supporting cast, love Buzz, Dodd and Ben. I wanted more of them and really hope to see them play bigger parts in the rest of the series. I might have held more of a grudge against them if I were Jo, but they are just too lovable to hate!

No steam other than the chemistry. I hope that changes cause these two are ripe for love!

The story has plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing. I was with it from beginning to end, not a dull moment to be found.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Laurel Schroeder, who rocks! I love all the sass she add to Jo and the gruffness of Cormac. Great pace that keeps the story moving and accentuates the action scenes. She is terrific and I can not wait to hear her in the rest of the series.

Overall this is a great read and sets things up for the series beautifully. I am excited to see what is to come and unravel the secrets of the Alchemists.