grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Beauty Dates the Beast

Beauty Dates the Beast - Jessica Sims, Jill Myles This is the first book in the Midnight Liaisons series. Shifter/supernatural dating agency, I am totally sold! It has a terrific concept and flows very well. This fits in very well with all my other lovely shifter crack!!

So, the book is all coming from Bathsheba's POV, she is mostly sassy and funny, with occasional TSTL moments. While I liked her, the story is very one sided, you never get to know what the smexy fella thinks until he says it aloud. I prefer books with a mixed narrative, but I can roll with this.

The concept is great and really has huge potential, I just wish there were less human bashing. It is also kind of obvious who the bad guy is, not exact motives, but ya see it coming a mile away. Bath also has a colossal moment of stupidity near the end, seriously check facts before rushing into danger.

Beau is yummy in oh so many ways!! I dig an alpha fella who takes charge. I am also eager to see what happens with the other fellas in his clan and a smexy bear shifter BFF.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Leah Mallach, who I generally liked. She keeps the pace brisk and her energy really matches the read. The biggest issue I had was the sketchy Southern accent she gave Beau. It was not appealing and grated my nerves, thankfully it wasn't consistent. She did a great job of keeping all the ladies distinct and you never had a doubt who was speaking.

I am definitely hooked and can not wait to listen to the next book. I also need to search out all the novellas!