grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Good Sister: Part One

The Good Sister: Part One - London Saint James So, New Adult is a touchy genre for me. I kind of get annoyed at the immaturity of the characters and the angst. If I had know this was New Adult, I might not have picked it up, that would have been a pity.

It is a really engaging and terrific read. I love Ms Saint James storytelling. Sure, I still had moments where I was annoyed with the story, but I can not deny it was a wonderful reading experience.

Another sore spot is the first person narrative, I generally dislike these, but they are more tolerable in audiobooks. The whole book comes from Trinity's POV, which limits the story in many ways. You only get to know what others are thinking if they tell her. Plus, she has serious angst going on, loads of fears and anxiety to get past. Still she manages to be very likeable. I was routing for her and really could see her growing as the story progressed. I love her unexpected sass!

The book is rather smexy!! Oh yeah, wide open bedroom door! Some hawt voyeurism and seriously steamy scenes!! Hold onto your panties, cause this one is a drencher!

I was kind of take um or leave um about the guys. I wanted to like them, but really thought she could do better. Reid is really tough to like for most of the book, but hang in there he gets better.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Kitty Barclay, who is fabulous! Her tone is perfect for conveying Trinity and her journey. She has a wonderful pace that moves the book along swiftly. The book is filled with slow moments that her voice makes delightful. I will definitely be looking for more of her reads!!!

Overall, I enjoyed the book, even though the genre is not a favorite. I can however say it was a smooth read that kept me enthralled from beginning to end.