grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Dating A Cougar

Dating A Cougar - Donna McDonald Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Oh my, what to say. There were elements of this book that I really enjoyed, but somehow it just felt slow. I really liked the premise and the characters, they were engaging and interesting. It just never went anywhere, the story line was drawn-out and lacking major conflicts. Well, not until the end.

Alexa is a sassy mature woman, I really liked her throughout. She was confident and sure of herself. I loved her attitude and casual self esteem. Casey was a great match for her, on the surface. Most of the time I loved him, but his attitude was annoying. She was personable and charismatic, he saw it as flirting. That was a point I was not in love with. Fortunately, he chills a bit, I would not have been happy with the pairing if he had not relaxed.

The steam is delicious!! Oh yeah, they get seriously smexy!! And Casey is a giver, if ya know what I mean. They get some hot and heavy action going, girl have a cold shower ready!!

I love the supporting cast. They have serious potential for stories in the series. Each was interesting and really want to see them get their own HEA. There is a lot of story here.

It is a mixed narrative, switching between the lead characters POVs and even a few side trips into the supporting cast. It gives great insight into all their thoughts and motivations. The switches are always smooth and clearly defined.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Anne Johnstonbrown, She does a lovely job keeping the voices distinct and consistent. I really enjoyed her smooth and sassy tone, it really worked for the book. She adds plenty of energy to the smexy scenes! There were time when the dialogue sounded stilted and a touch odd. Mostly when it was Alexa or her daughter. It was a touch distracting.

Overall this was a really enjoyable read, it just needed a bit of editing down. Some of the day to day scenes slowed the momentum down. Still, I am interested in seeing what happens with the rest of the series. The books have a lot of potential.