grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Kidnapped Cowboy

Kidnapped Cowboy - Lindsey Brookes Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This is a terrific read! I was in the mood for a sweet and spicy romance, that's just what Ms. Brookes serves up!

I love Caitlin and her schemes, that go awry. She has her heart in the right place, she just seems to be a touch accident prone. That adds to her love-ability! I did find some of her reactions at the beginning of camp a touch untrue, she has been running this place for years, she should be more adept at controlling things from the start. Fortunately, she shows real skill throughout the time with the kids, even if she is a bit too rule heavy.

Dalton is a great character, he has a sense of humor and rolls with the punches. I adore his relationship with Caitlin, he fights the commitment but totally goes in for the attraction. They balance each other very nicely. I also liked the interactions with his brother.

The bedroom door is wide open in this book, plenty of naughty little scenes! They are not full on erotic detail, but they are plenty spicy! Definitely a fan of skinny dipping!! Hells Yeah!

I really enjoyed the build of the relationship. They spent time together so the feelings felt real and natural. Sometimes I like to spend time getting to know the characters as they get to know each other. It adds to the warm fuzzies of the romance.

This is a mixed narrative, giving POV for both leads and from the brother a couple times. This helps make the story fuller and more engaging. This also makes me really want his brother Brandon to get his own book with a sassy HEA!!! Please say it is in the works!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Kaleo Griffith, he is delicious!! Oh yeah, this guy has a great voice and adds major energy to the read. He has a nice gruff tone that suits the guys and does a terrific job making Caitlin sound like a girl. Great pace on the read, I like things a touch on the brisk side, so he made me very happy, especially when I put it on triple speed.

I did think there would be more of a conflict with the money manager, I was a touch disappointed with that angle. It was more of a whimper than a bang in the conflict. The story moves nicely but that added drama would have been welcome.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book, but what isn't there to love a big ole cowboy, smexy action and a sassy gal! I am definitely going to look for more of Ms. Brookes. Finger's crossed that this has a sequel with an uptight rancher who need a little lovin.