grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Unfinished Business

Unfinished Business - Carolyn Ridder Aspenson This was an interesting read but kind of slow moving. I was just craving more action that this was giving. Definitely a good read but not something I felt I had to devour.

Angela is a middle-aged mom, not something I generally relate to, dealing with the death of her own mother. The paranormal elements were very intriguing. The mom is really funny and plays up the comedy of the story, it really lightens those heavier moments. I really liked Angela's quirky attitude as well. It was nice to see she was not too housewife-y, I know that sounds weird but I don't generally gravitate to those sort of characters.

The over all story was nice and if flowed, it just felt like a slower pace than I traditionally enjoy. It was a lovely read and it kept my attention just didn't give any thrill vibes.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Kathy Poelker, who does a lovely job bringing it all to life. She has a terrific pace in her read and actually helped it more along. Her voices are great, I love the mom, priceless!! She really has a great feel for the story and helped bring it all to life in vivid color. I enjoyed her style and would be interested in hearing more of her work.

The whole story is first person from Angela's POV, which limits the story in many ways. You only get to know what others think and feel if they tell her. Overall it was a good read with plenty of heart but not something I would rave about.