grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Their Virgin Princess

Their Virgin Princess - Shayla Black, Lexi Blake Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

We pick up shortly after the events of the last book. One bratty Princess and three smexy guards, super yummy!! Oh, then we are going to strand them on an island for a while...hot damn!

I really liked Alea and her struggle. She went through a lot in her kidnapping and had a bit of PTSD to deal with. In the beginning she was pushing everyone away, a response to her fight or flight. She came back into her true self somewhere mid book, don't worry she stayed sassy the whole time. Things do get very emotional with her back story though, grab a box of tissues early!

Dane, Cooper and Landon are yummy bodyguards, oh how they guard a body!! They start off the book with the wrong approach but when the kid gloves come off and they get serious, oh mama! Each one has his hang ups and they all get dealt with in their own good time.

The story this time was fairly easy to predict, I was not the least bit surprised who the villain turned out to be. The writing was wonderful, as usual, funny and heartwarming at times and heart-wrenching at others. I generally steer clear of the "virgin" books because they bore me to tears, but this series keeps hings interesting.

The steam was island spicy!! Oh boy does it get hot and heavy. Throw in a little BDSM play, things get into cold shower territory! While there are plenty of sexy and sensual scenes, the final scene of the book felt like it went on forever. I am embarrassed to say, I was ready to skip it. In my opinion it felt repetitive, we had to recap a lot of stuff that was already addressed and it felt more like exposition at times.

I still love the mixed narrative that allows you to see each character's POV. It is my favorite kind of book to read. I love getting into everybody's head and understanding their feelings. I listened to the audio-book and loved the narrator, Serena Daniels. She does a terrific job with the voices and when she reads the smexy Dom stuff, oh boy! And the accents this time were terrific.

This is really a delightful series with great stories, I do get bored with the virgin angle but understand that is one of the hooks of the series. Can't wait for the next book, I hear it is some PI's and an heiress, goody!