grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Working It Out

Working It Out - Rachael Anderson This is a really sweet romance. Closed bedroom door and minimal heat. Sometimes a girl just wants a PG love story and this fits the bill.

Grace is a wound a bit tight, but that is one of the fun things about her. She is sassy and steadfast. I love the way she defines people by their names. Seth is the perfect match for her with his playful attitude and fly by the seat of his pants plans. They have a great dynamic.

The book is a mixed POV, you get the narrative from both leads. The swaps go smoothly and are more chapter to chapter. It is great getting into both their heads. It sells the feelings of the romance.

While I enjoyed this book more time was spent on the build than the actual times as a couple. That gets glossed over and relegated to a tell and not show. I would have liked more time with them together rather than just the last few chapters.

I love the supporting cast and the side romance, again more detail there would have been nice.I liked this story and it was a very easy read, but I did want a little more story in the end.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Laura Princiotta, who was lovely. She had just the right notes to her voice to make the characters come to life. Fantastic pace kept up with the movement of the story and added energy to the key moments. The voices were consistent and easy to follow when dialogue was snappy. She gives good ears!

Overall, this was a delightful story that was a safe read. Great depth to the romance and fun banter. I always enjoy this author's sweet reads!