grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

She's Gotta Be Mine (A sexy, funny mystery/romance, Cottonmouth Book 1) (Cottonmouth Series)

She's Gotta Be Mine - Jennifer Skully I really enjoyed this book. Such a fun read with a sassy gal who finds her groove. Bobbi discovers sometimes you need a change of location to break out the box you have been placed into by others. She really works to become the bold woman she always wanted to be!

It seems most everybody is obsessed with her butt. She might have a great backside but it was a little distracting how much it is commented upon. Still it was fun seeing her get her groove back and fight against the stuffy mold she spent so long wearing.

The story was fun most of the time, even with the intrigue lurking throughout. I was also more than a touch annoyed with her obsession with her ex-husband and the Cookie Monster. Well, I guess that is what happens when you spend twenty years as a doormat. I really like her progress from the beginning of the book to the end. She has setbacks and slips into her old persona. It was great seeing her dig into her new life with gusto!

The romance is fun and sweet at times. I loved the whole dynamic with Nick and the Sheriff. It is great getting the mixed narrative, really helps you understand Bobbi, Nick and even Warren. I appreciate getting so many points of view to create a fuller picture.

The complete 360 of the townsfolks in the end was a bit strange. Too soon in my opinion.

The smexy scenes are yummy! Just enough detail to make things hot but not going into the full on smexy steam. Plenty enough to have a girl fanning her face!! Oh lordy, there are some very steamy kisses throughout!!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by the fabulous June Wayne. She does a superb job with Bobbi in all her sassy glory. She also has many distinct voices to contend with, she does a bang up job of keeping things consistent. I loved her quick pace and the energy it adds to the banter. She is a real treat and perfectly suited to the delicious read!

Overall, I loved the quirky characters in the series, they are wonderfully engaging and fun. This is the kind of book that leads into a series one can genuinely love. I am definitely enamored with the town of CottonMouth.