grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Try Me, Tempt Me, Take Me: One Night with Sole Regret Anthology (Volume 1)

Try Me, Tempt Me, Take Me: One Night with Sole Regret Anthology (Volume 1) - Olivia Cunning Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Book #1 - Try Me
In general I am not really into the Rockstar Romances. A friend happened to have the first three books of the is series on audiobook, so I thought why not give it a go.

The story was surprisingly fun and engaging. I like Melanie, she is a down to earth girl and really snarky! I loved her dynamic with Gage. They were super fun together and the banter was terrific.

This is a really short read but it sets things up very nicely. I am intrigued by the other bad members and what will happen to each of them. I am also really interested in the way each couples story is told in three separate parts and the other guys books interconnect. Really clever for drawing in series readers who must know what happens next, like myself!

The sexy scenes are very delicious! Oh boy, they will get you panting for relief! The second smexy section when they play with the toys is my favorite!! Man does that boy know his stuff!

The narrator, Justine O. Keef, makes your ears happy!! She puts just the right amount of energy into the read. During the smexy scenes you can really hear the passion!! Terrific switches between character voices, both men and women sound authentic!

Book #2 - Tempt Me
Books like this one are the reason I am not into Rockstar Romances. I prefer a whole fantasy HEA where the couple meets and never touches anybody else. That is not generally the case in these rocker books, but that is the lifestyle they lead.

This is the second book in the series and it is a really interesting read. The characters are engaging and dynamic. The story is well written and interesting, many different levels. It is just the general Rocker lifestyle I am not into. If you are fine with less than faithful actions then you will feel differently than I do, granted he did explain he did not feel they were in a relationship.

I also had an issue with the fact that Madison was Adam's drug treatment counselor and that is how they first met and hooked up. Personally I thought that was a real ethical no-no. Again that is my own opinion, you might not take offense to that situation.

The steam factor here is off the charts! Loads of hot and smexy action. I mean they had tons of sex and there was plenty of variety. Good lord they must be chaffed! This is the majority of the book and when I say it is hot, I mean you are going to have to read this one while in the cold shower!! Wowza!

The narrator, Justine O. Keef, does a great job of bringing the story to life. She has a soothing tone that draws you in. I can only hope the other books in the series end up on audio as well!! It is a really great guilty pleasure escape to listen to while doing boring tasks!

The ending will leave you hanging, but that is what Ms Cunning planned, each couple's story is broken up into three parts. The whole series looks to be 15 books long, each band member has three books and the stories interlock. The first five are the first part, books 6-10 the second parts and finally finishing up everything in books 11-15. It is a clever way to draw in an audience, even with my general dislike of the genre I will probably get hooked. I always need to know the end of the story, no matter what!

Book #3 - Take Me
Yeah, I think this series probably isn't for me, goodness knows I tried. After listening to the first three books on audio, I am ready to toss in the proverbial towel, for now. If the rest of the series releases on audio I might squeeze in listening time.

The writing is excellent and the stories move at a great pace, the Rocker books just don't work for me. I think it is the whole lifestyle, it wrecks my HEA visions. I can see why many folks will love this series, just not me.

Shades has been a jerk throughout this series and it was no surprise to discover that is just who he is most of the time. Even when you have his POV, he is less than loveable, but there are girls out there who are into this kind of guy. Amanda seems really sweet and put together, one has to wonder what she sees in Shades. She is definitely thinking with her girlie parts.

The story here is minimal, what is there is interesting and moves the whole series along. I especially liked the interactions with other band members.

Holy hot and heavy!!! I am talking steam up your ereader!!! Wow, once they decide to get it on, they get it on, big-time! Like the other books in the series most of the plot revolves around copious amounts of steamy smexy sex! This is another one you will have to change the panties after reading. Although, there is one scene where Shades shows he is even an egomaniac in bed.

The narrator, Justine O. Keef, does a great job I really liked her voice and characterizations. She is definitely a selling point in the audio version. If the other books get released on audio I could see myself picking them up, I am a curious creature and this series does a terrific job of drawing you in, even when you are fighting the whole way!