grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Greenwillow

Greenwillow - B.J. Chute This book was a nice change from my usual fast paced reads. It is a gorgeous story that is so beautifully written. The descriptions are just too lovely for words. You are transported with each new phrase. It is rare to find prose quite so colorful in the modern genres I usually prefer.

I was sold from the start and adored the sweet romance. The characters are wonderful, Gideon is delightful and just can't help but fall in love with Dorrie. All the other supporting characters are equally engaging and dynamic.It is so easy to fall in love with this kind of book and town.

There is a touch more religion in the read than I usually like, but isn't to heavy. It is a key part if the plot, so you can't really bypass the struggle between good and evil.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Ann M. Richardson, who is fabulous. She is a perfect match to voice this book with her soothing tones. She does a great job keeping the voices distinct and interesting. I loved her energy and the way she brought the beautiful phrases to life. I am definitely going to look for more of her reads in the future.

Overall, I enjoyed this step out of my comfort zone. It is a delightful read/listen that flows and charms the reader. I won't be reading this genre all the time, but it was a nice roadtrip to a beautiful place.