grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Birthright (Birthright #1)

Birthright (Birthright #1) - A.P. Jensen This book is really tough to get a handle on at first. It jumps all around and it is difficult to really get a read on what is happening.

The story takes it's time unfolding, slowly sharing it's secrets. I really liked Jordan and wanted to love her story. There are just so many things that were either unanswered or took too long to reveal.

The fact that most of the book is from her POV limits how much the reader knows. We only get things as she does, which isn't quick. The world building was much slower than I would have liked.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Bodine Boling, who is excellent. Her compelling narration keeps you listening, even when the book feels slow. She has a steady swift read that keeps things moving. I really enjoyed her voices and the distinctions between the charters. She has a soothing yet youthful tone. I would love to find more of her reads.

While the story was difficult to get a grasp on, I was pulled in and curious to see what happens next. Perhaps the next book will answer more questions. This book is a very intriguing concept and Jordan is a compelling character.