grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Fool's Gold

Fool's Gold - Jennifer Skully The last book was obsessed with butts, this one it is tally-whackers. It feels like a running gag in this series. Still I did not hate it!

I really liked Brax in the other book and hoped he would get a HEA. He is a bit mopier this time around than I remember him. I wish he had the same playful feel as he did in the other story. He started to get that way again midway through the book, especially with her mother.

I really like Simone, most of the time. She does have moments where she acts the doormat, but she really comes back strong in the end. I adore her attitude and sense of humor. Such a fun character!

The dynamic between Brax and Simone is witty and fun. I adore banter! The attraction is instant, not sure I believe the feeling yet. They have a solid start, but the I love you's are a bit quick.

Ms Skully crafts a great story with loveable characters. I am enchanted by he quirky small towns! She also has a way of making you love somebody and them killing them off. It really breaks your heart! It is a definite testament to her skill as a storyteller.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by June Wayne, who does a lovely job. I really enjoyed her pace and the energy she adds to the read. Her voices were distinct and consistent, I just wish she had hit a few of the accents harder. She is definitely a narrator I will look for again.

The smexy stuff was plenty hot!! It is an open bedroom door but not as detailed as an erotic romance. Still makes a gal blush plenty! I love all the euphemisms peppered throughout!