grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

First Temptation

First Temptation - Joan  Swan Wow!! That was a seriously hot little read!!!! The chemistry was off the charts and scrumptious!! I need to fan my face for a bit!

Zoe is more than a little bit awesome! She rocks and owns her sensuality. I love that she doesn't let Walker treat her like a helpless little lady. The way she schooled him in the cafe was priceless.

Taft Walker has his moments where he is a total ass. Fortunately, Zoe is fabulous at putting him in his place and showing the error of his ways. They have fabulous banter and a delightful dynamic throughout the book.

Lord have mercy, those smexy scenes were hot! Pantie drenching steam that was uber smexy. This is pretty close to erotic detail in a fairly mainstream read. Rough play with sex toys thrown in as a bonus! I was saying yes, yes, oh Gawd yes!!!

The book is a mixed narrative, popping between the two leads POV. I prefer this style because you really get to see the relationship from both angles. It makes for a more well rounded love story. Or lust story in this case. I am sure they are headed to the HEA, but I think feelings are a little early to solid.

The story was great and I kind of wished it had been longer. There was so much more that could have happened in the investigation and the romance. I love a quickie, but this was such a delight I was sad to see it end.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Amanda Leigh Cobb, who was fabulous!! Her voice has a perfect rasp to fit the sassy leading lady. She puts such delicious energy into the smexy scenes, a girl could embarrass her self listening in public! I found myself looking around and blushing! Great pace in the read kept the movement of the story flowing. I will definitely look for more of her work!

Overall, this was a terrific extension of the series. It connects nicely to the first book with a little update on Cassie and Rio. I am eager to see more of this series and really hope there are plans to continue in audio! Ms. Swan is going on my stalking...um following lists!