grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Staring Into the Eyes of Chance

Staring Into the Eyes of Chance - Kay Dee Royal There really should be a warning at the end of this book blurb that it contains non-consensual and dubious consent. Very graphically detailed.

I really enjoyed the first 75% of this book, it had a great story that really flowed. I was hooked on the whole struggle and the romance between Chance and Olivia. I wish there had been more about their bond and the gifts she possessed. It was a mixed POV swapping between the hero and heroine. with a few supporting characters as well.

Great supporting characters and terrific story telling. Really intriguing plot had me on the edge of my seat. The steam of the romance was hot & heavy and delicious. Plenty of smexy action. Uber-steamy scenes between mates.

Now that last quarter of the book things took a turn for the dark. There are several really detailed scenes with non-consent and drugged/forced consent. They were graphically detailed from both the victim and the aggressors POV. I know there are folks out there who enjoy those kinds of stories, there are lots on Amazon in their erotica section. It just is not my cup of tea and that ruined my enjoyment of the book. Had there been a warning I might not be so disappointed, but there was no indication in the blurb to expect such unsavory content.

Things are really left hanging for the second book, so much still needs to be resolved. I can only hope the story will return to the great paranormal it started out with, but it is likely to get worse before the resolution.

I really wish Mr Royal the best with this series and while I am not the audience for her, I know there is one out there who will gobble it up.

* Disclosure - I received a copy of this book in exchange for am honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. *