grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Vampire Assassin

Vampire Assassin - Samantha Warren Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This is a very tricky review to write, I like the story and the writing but there were issues. It is free on Amazon so, I suggest picking it up and seeing for yourself.

Here is my problem, this is really two different books stuck together. The first chapter is about Jane the bad a$$ Vampire who is a snarky assassin. I loved that part and was ready to really get into the story. However, chapter two completely changes gears and turns into Jane's back-story that has a totally different feel. It is more of a mushy and heartbreaking love story. While I found it touching it was not what I was in the mood for, I wanted that kick-butt urban fantasy from the first chapter.

All first person narrative, but it was well done and did not bother me as a reader.In both instances Jane is an engaging and dynamic character. It was more the switch that was the problem.

This is also a quick read that leaves you unsatisfied in the end. You can really tell that it is a book that has been broken up to sell in parts. I am interested in checking out the rest of the series but an wary that it will be a bait and switch, never bringing me back to the cool UF I was hoping to read.

Emily Gittelman does a wonderful job with the narration. She made the book really enjoyable despite my objections!