grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Convict and the Cattleman

The Convict and the Cattleman - Allison Merritt I generally prefer my historicals to be Regency era but every now and again I try something new. This is also a new location for me, Wales in the 1800s is an interesting location. I was really interested in the penal colony angle, seemed like something different. I was really interested in the historical bits of this book, might have to do a little research on penal colonies now, cause I am curious.

I really liked the whole story, it is a quiet sweet sort of romance. No big bangs or whistles, just a couple of people who are attracted to each other and fall in love. Not as much passion as I usually like but definitely warms you up. The side stories with the baby and the theft are interesting and help keep the pace moving right along.

If you are looking for a quick sweet read this is the book for you. Really great storytelling and engaging characters. I just wish there were a touch more heat.

*Disclosure - I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, opinions and ratings are my own.