grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Cougar's Timid Little Lynx

The Cougar's Timid Little Lynx - Jenika Snow I loved the Wylde Bears series and was thrilled to hear there would be a spin-off series with family and friends. I was really hoping Luke would get a HEA.

Luke and Alice are both a little broken, but not beyond repair. They are a perfect match, he is super patient with her and works hard to make her feel safe. They have a wonderful connection which makes for a sweet story of healing.

There is a lot if story here, be prepared for it to get emotional as well. They both have pasts, Alice has suffered a great deal. The abuse is not overly detailed, so it should not cause any triggers, but other survivors may empathize more with her fears. The whole thing is very nicely handled and never glossed over. Great storytelling, it is more about the romance and two list souls coming together.

The mixed narrative helps you get into each character's head. I loved Alice's POV, it helped in understanding her fears and what she felt. Luke's POV was wonderful for seeing his struggle with wanting to claim his mate and not wanting to scare her away.

The steam is a long time coming, about 70% into the book, but once they start getting smexy, hold onto your panties!!! Yummy smexy time!! They do not skimp on the foreplay!!! Loads of detail and it is all deliciously wicked!

I love the Epilogues in all of Ms Snow's books, they are great for getting the future update without spoilers of other books!

I can not wait for the next book, we met Trace, the grumpy polar bear, briefly and I am sure he is going to be a favorite of mine!! I have a weakness for the bears!!