grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

A Cast-Off Coven

A Cast-Off Coven - Juliet Blackwell Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Really interesting cozy mystery that mixes a touch of paranormal into the mix. Great characters and stories that flow nicely. Some of the twists are predictable, but that does not take away from the entertainment value.

Lily is a natural witch and tries to keep her powers on the down low. That is not going so well for her since she settled in San Francisco. This book picks up where the last one left off, investigating ghosts at the Arts School. Things are, of course, not all that they seem and a murder happens. Lots going on my the mystery, it keeps a steady pace and never lulls.

This book gives us a touch more in Lily, Max and Aiden's back-stories, as well as introducing two new men into the mix. So many fellas to choose from! Of course, the romance is strictly closed bedroom door. Sigh, no smexy action here. This is totally to be expected as the book is more about the mystery than the love affair.

I have the audiobooks of this series, great deal on Audible. The narrator, Xe Sands, is fantastic. I love her style and her tone is perfect. She really has a way of making the story come alive, animated and dynamic read. Definitely adding her to my list of narrators to fangirl over!!