grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Once Upon a Tiger

Once Upon a Tiger - Kat Simons This book is exactly why I take chances on review copies from new authors!! I now have an awesome new author to add to my stalking, um following lists! If I am very lucky this will also be a new shifter series to impatiently badger the author about the next book.

The characters are terrific, I love a kick butt gal like Alexis. She is tough and sassy, but has a gooey sweet center. And Victor take strong silent type to a whole new level, yummy!! They have a great dynamic and one might wonder why they had not really interacted in the past.

The world is surprisingly well defined and constructed for the short length of the novella. Information is handed out at a great pace and I never felt lost. I can see this as the first book in the series, hint, hint. It is great storytelling and I was eager to read more. I was actually disappointed when it ended, not because of the story, but because the book was over.

Plenty of smexy steam to keep a gal happy!! Seriously, I love me some dirty talk, but silent dominance is sexy too! Who would have thought!!

This is a mixed narrative, my favorite kind!! You get a fuller idea of emotions and though processes when you get both leads POV. It really helps the reader feel more engaged in the romance.

What a terrific start for a newbie, definitely one to watch! Can't wait for the next book and I can only hope it will be a full length!!