grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Mind Games

Mind Games - Christine Amsden There is just something about this series that draws me in and keeps my attention. This book has a bit of a slow start, I was a touch confused about where we were in the timeline. Thankfully things came together when Cassie picks up the POV narrative.

I really liked the look into Evan's mind, but it probably would have worked better somewhere other than the very beginning of the book. There is much intrigue revealed in the start of the book, I ended up going back and reading it a second time when I finished. There was much that made sense with the re-reading.

The plot has a lot going on, almost too much at times. There are many intrigues to keep up with and plenty of players to keep track of. I was happily surprised to see a few unexpected twists. Definitely eager to read the final book in the series when it releases!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Melissa Reizian Frank, who has been with the series from the start. She really has a great feel for Cassie, love the sass and angst she can instill into the read. Terrific pace that moves the book along and helps the story flow. I will have to look for more of her reads after the series is finished.

The story was really great, it just had a very slow start. I know that is weird to say when the book begins with a bit of action. It just felt slow motion because I was trying to catch up with what was going on in the story line. Things picked up and really moved later on, it was just a climb to get there.