grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Sorcery Code

The Sorcery Code - Dima Zales, Anna Zaires Sometimes I like to step out of my reading box and try a genre that is not my norm. I always think I will like Fantasy, it is the same way I think I like raspberry flavored stuff until I start eating it, then I realize I really am not a fan. You will note my rating is a 4, that is due to the quality of the book not my general distaste of the genre. It is not the books fault I am a fickle reader!

The world and character building is exceptional. I find that this writing team really has a great feel for creating a fully realized world that you can't help but be intrigued and fascinated by. The characters are all engaging and dynamic.

The narrative is mixed, we get many POVs throughout the book. The flow is very nice, never jumpy, each transition is smooth and clear. This is one of my favorite styles of storytelling, it gives a broader view of the situation. You get into everybody's head and really understand their motivations. It gives the reader real insight into all the goings on, and frankly it makes the intricate world easier to adapt to.

I listened to the audiobook read by Emily Durante, who does a lovely job. She has a wonderful voice that lends itself to the Fantasy created by the novel. She has a great feel for all the characters and keeps each voice distinct. She has a great pace that helps move the story along as well.

Overall, this was a really interesting read, just not my general cup of tea. It was beautifully crafted and kept my interested, the combination of an excellent narrator and dynamic storytelling. I can imagine Fantasy fans will be all over this one.