grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Protector

The Protector - Marliss Melton Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This was a very interesting read. The premise was intriguing and kept the story flowing. I gotta say I did not like Ike all the time. And the FBI guy Kane is really not like-able.

As a hero, Ike is rough around the edges. He was bossy and domineering, not always in a good way. He kicks things off more bully than hero. Fortunately he lightens up over time and exposure to Eryn. By the end I really had come to like him. The while tortured warrior is a weakness for me!

I really liked Eryn, she is spunky and sweet all at the same time! The thing I like best about her is she listened to her instincts. She did not fall prey to the "too stupid to live" moments. A girl with brains and heart!

These two had a nice chemistry and interesting dynamic. Once they got to know each other things between them were playful. I love a couple that do not take everything so serious.

The book has a mixed narrative, most of it swaps between the two leads POV, but there are times when supporting characters are in charge. This was great for getting to know everything that is going on, it also makes the bad guy more sinister.

The book moves at a steady pace but there are a few times when things drag. The action comes fast and furious, but there is plenty of downtime too. The main plot was complex but simple at the same time. It was very much inline with current events. I do not read a lot of terrorist thrillers, so this felt fresh to me.

There are a few yummy steamy scenes! Gotta expend the post chase adrenaline!!! Oh yeah, things are very smexy! This is the time it is totally fine to have those Alpha moments!!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by David Brenin. He has a delicious voice with a gravely growl! Oh yeah, he gives good voice!! He has a really great pace, swift but steady enough you can follow. I loved his men's voices, they were wonderful. The women's voices are a bit on the low and breathy side , they work but are not very feminine. I enjoyed his read and will definitely be looking forward to him in the rest of the series!

Overall, this was an entertaining read, it had faults but not so many to stop me listening. I am intrigued by the rest of the series and want to hear more. One of the big things that caught me was the ending, it did not just end with them getting back together. There was a resolution to issues in their lives. I had more than a few tears fall, especially in the last chapter!