grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Sirenz

Sirenz - Charlotte Bennardo, Natalie Zaman Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This is a really fun quick read. Superficial Shar and funky Meg are the odd couple of roommates at an exclusive high school.

I loved Shar and her whole shopaholic party girl attitude. She really was quite sweet, if a bit ditsy. Meg is full of awesome snark! I love a spunky gal and this one really delivers!

There whole dynamic is interesting. It is great to see them bond and find common ground. They will always have a love of shoes to fall back on.

The story was a touch far fetched, but that was what also made it fun. I am always intrigued by Mythology. This story takes things you think you know about the Gods and gives them a modern twist. The story moves along nicely and has many intriguing elements.

The narration trades off between the two girls. It is always clear who is speaking, each chapter is labeled with the girl's name and a tag line that hints at events to come. They both have a very distinct attitude and style. Surprisingly these opposites match perfectly.

There is a touch of romance in the story, but it is not the driving force. The girls relationship and shared goal is always in the forefront.

I listened to the audiobook that is narrated by Amanda C. Miller. I really enjoyed her delivery and character voices. They were all distinct and consistent throughout the read. She really helped make them come to life. A word of warning she is a very quick narrator, I usually like to speed my reads up when listening, so I was fine with the quick pace. It was very much like teens today speak. But if you like things at a slower pace you might want to put it at half speed.

Both the authors and narrator are new for me, but not a last read for sure! I really hope the rest of the series is coming out on audio, otherwise I may have to track down the ebooks!!

Disclosure - I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, opinions and ratings are my own.