grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Waves

The Waves - Jen Minkman As sequels go this wasn't, it was more of the other side of the coin in the original story. This book takes the same time frame as The Island and tells it from Walt's point of view. You get a fuller understanding of his side of the wall and how the divide really happened.

I really enjoyed this and was intrigued by the differences in two groups that came from the same place. It is fascinating to see how each group evolved and then what happens when they are brought back together.

This is more of about the two groups than the romance. Sure you get the idea Walt and Leia like each other but there is so much more going on than that.

Even though I knew how it would end, I still found the story intriguing and surprising! It flowed beautifully and so many gaps were filled in with this book. I do wish it had more forward movement in the plot but I am sure that is to come in the next book.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Matthew Mickenberg, who is terrific. He has a rich tone that carries over into the story and moves things along at a steady pace. The voices were distinct and consistent throughout the read. I would love to hear more of his narrations!

This was a great second look at the original story and I hope the next book takes us past the end of the two books. I am curious to know what is out there and how Leia and Walt will react to the changes in their environments.

Disclosure - I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review all thoughts, opinions and ratings are my own.