grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Sweeter Than Honey, Call Of The Kodiak (Bear Shifts, #1)

Sweeter Than Honey, Call Of The Kodiak (Bear Shifts, #1) - Geraldine Allie Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This is a really interesting read, it has the bones of the story but lacks meat. I love shifters, especially bears, so this was right up my alley.

Many things in the story are vague and left hanging. I was unsure what time period this was, it did not feel fully modern and there was mention of carriage travel, but it was never stated. There is a mention of other paranormals but the world is never fleshed out, perhaps the next book will give more detail.

The romance of John and Crystal is very quick and while it held warmth, it was missing passion. Not a steamy hot read but there is a little open door bedroom action. I felt a connection between the two but it either needed more time to build or it should have been combustible all consuming heat.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Vanessa Hart. She has a great smoky voice that lends itself beautifully to the read. The voices are distinct and it is always clear who is speaking. I really liked the tone of John's voice. There were times when the dialogue felt stiff, partly because of the read and partly due to the writing. The speed could have been a touch faster, it was nice and steady throughout.

Overall this was a really nice little read. I loved the narrative style, we had both leads POV's alternating. This really helps the reader engaging with the characters. This is a very minimal story and I would love to see it expanded. It has a great concept that has so much to explore, I really hope the next book gives up a better picture of the world Ms Allie is creating.

This is my first read from Geraldine Allie, she is a fairly new voice in writing. She has great potential and I hope to see much more of her work! Especially yummy bear shifters!!!

Disclosure - I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, opinions ad ratings are my own.