grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Blood Moon

Blood Moon - Geraldine Allie Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This book is the first in a series and has a lot of potential. It was an entertaining read, it just needed a touch more development to the characters and world. There were times when the story felt rushed, I would have liked it a bit longer to help the relationship along.

I generally liked Nate and his take charge attitude, I did not like that he was willing to let his Brotherhood dictate his love life. I would have liked he to be more assertive there. Maxine ends up being the one with the get over it attitude. I really liked her spunk, she adapted to the situation fairly quickly.

The story had an outline but never became too deep. It was more like a shallow cut. Still it had potential for more. I am curious about the Brotherhood and their role in keeping peace. It would also be nice to know why the vamps were after this particular woman. Perhaps we could also get into the mate bond aspects of their relationship.

Score a bit of smexy steam!! These two are combustible in the way mates should be. I could have used a bit more fire in the steamy scenes. They are not quite NC-17 but a far cry from erotic. They managed to get it on a few times in this short read. I will forgive the sex in the middle of life or death situations, cause hey, it is a smexy type read.

It is a mixed narrative switching between Nate and Maxine's POV. This helps the reader get into their heads and understand where they are both coming from. If it had just been Maxine's narrative Nate would not have come off very well.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Alex Hyde-White, fun fact he is the sexy polo guy in Pretty Woman! He has a yummy read!! I could listen to him read the phone book!!! He does a great job bringing the book to life. He has a terrific pace that keeps the story moving. His voice is just the right amount of smexy and gruff. I will definitely be looking for more reads by him!!

Overall this was an enjoyable read and I am interested in seeing more from this new author. There are some great concepts in her writing and I am eager to see her progress. Hope the next book comes out on audio soon!