grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Her Fake Romance

Her Fake Romance - Donna Fasano Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This is a really interesting modern romance. Julia is young single mother, not something I readily relate to, but I decided to try it out anyway.

Most of the time I liked Julia, she is energetic and fun, things I like. I thought she was a touch too interested in making sure her daughter is her friend. While I am not a parent, I do work with teens and know there are times when you have to be strict and deal with the consequences. Her parenting style was far from consistent. She did have some really nice moments though.

The romance is fake but the friendship is real. I thought the connection between Ryan and Julia was terrific. They had a playful dynamic and were engaging characters. The story is a sweet romance that isn't very taxing. Sometimes ya just want to have a warm and fussy story, this one delivers. I was not quite to the "I love you" stage, more of a "I really like you and could love you with time" kind of feeling. Still nice HEA kind of ending.

The steam is kinda light. It gets very close to hot and heavy but pulls up short of detailed bedroom. I don't always need all the smexy details, sometimes I like a warm romance. This is a sweet read, not a panties on the floor steamy read. There is heavy petting though!! And some killer kisses!!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Christa G. Lewis, She has a soothing tone that fits the sweet story. She has a steady pace that helps the story flow. Her voices were distinct and consistent. A nice smooth read that enjoyable and relaxing.

Overall, this was a really nice read that wasn't too complicated. It has many familiar themes, but is delivered in a very compelling manner. A enjoyable listen that will put you in a happy place.