grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Too Perfect

Too Perfect - Julie Ortolon Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Last book in the trilogy, I loved these characters from the first book to this one. Amy is very endearing and I Was more than ready for her story. It was not what I expected at all.

As per the trend in the series, Jane had it all wrong about what Amy feared. And yes, once again, her fears stemmed from her family. I really liked seeing her grow and strengthen throughout the book. Glad she picked up that backbone while on vacation.

I was not exactly happy with her low self-esteem, but after considering it, I realized it was important to her growth in the story. This is why I like her much better in the end than the begining.

I am torn on the whole Lance/Guy/Byron thing. He had moments where I liked him but most of the time I found him to be just as she first described him, shallow and jaded. I wanted more growth from his character.

The romance is sweet and steady but the feelings are hard to swallow. Mostly because we were told about the interactions and relationship building rather than seeing it happen. I need to read those dinner chats to be able to see them connecting. I saw more of it in the computer chats and emails. I just could have used more, especially in the end when they had so much to work out.

The steam is like the other books, slightly naughty but just short of erotic detail. An open bedroom door but lighter steam. Yummy in it's own way.

The book is a mixed narrative, going back and forth between the two lead POV. This goes a long way in making you like Byron and understanding Amy's issues. I really liked the whole dynamic they had.

I listened to the audiobooks narrated by Jane Cramer, who is lovely as always. She has a terrific pace that helps move the book along. Her voices are consistent and distinct throughout the read. I love the way she makes Amy come to life and brings new levels to her character. She even has a nice gruffness to Byron's read!

Overall, this has been a lovely series. Each story was entertaining and flowed beautifully. I loved the end, of course the Epilogue would bring us up to date on all the couples!! I did hope they would find Jane to be far from perfect, but alas, that was not to be! This is a delightful trilogy that had heart and humor. I am definitely going to watch for more of Ms Ortolon! She does wonderfully light and feisty romances!