grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Robber Bride

The Robber Bride - Jerrica Knight-Catania I really fun little Historical Romance. This is the first book in a series with feisty gals and delightful rogues. This book sets the tone for the series and is terrific. These are clean romances, no steam, but they do have some lovely heart-stopping kisses.

Victoria is a great character, I am always a fan of a girl with courage and pluck. She thumbs her nose at typical things young ladies in London obsess over. A truly engaging and dynamic character. Although, she was a bit slow on the uptake with realizing her feelings.

I really liked Phineas, he is wonderful in his support of his lady. I do so love a guy who realizes what he wants and goes for it. They have a great connection and banter that will bring a smile to your face.

There is a touch of drag in the story, it was too drawn out in her plotting. Perhaps a touch more action or seeing her be the robber would have been nice. While it was an entertaining read it felt longer than a novella.

The mixed narrative is great, swapping between the two leads POVs, helps to bring insight into their actions. Phin might make you sigh with all he does to insure the safety of his love. There is a moment when you might need tissues, Vicky made me tear up a bit!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Stevie Zimmerman, who is delightful. The British accent suited the setting of the book and was a lovely addition to the narration. She has a delightful way with the character voices. She managed to make them all distinct and consistent. I loved the Irish accent the best. She has a very brisk pace in the read, some might want to play at half speed to keep up, personally I like it quicker. I am definitely looking forward to hearing her read the rest of the series.

There is a weird quirk in the audio, it pauses after each chapter before it starts again. I like a smoother read and this was a distraction.

Overall this is a great story and sweet romance. I usually like the theme of brother's best friend and sister matching up. They have a wealth of connection already built into the relationship, they just need that moment of realization. While this is a short read it is very well paced. I can not wait to see where this series is headed!