grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Gypsy Bride

The Gypsy Bride - Jerrica Knight-Catania The second book in the series seems to be for Victoria's brother Tom, but not really. It is a little love triangle. This is presented with a mixed narrative from the three leads and a few side POVs from Victoria. It was a really intriguing style, definitely helped to get insight into all characters.

I really liked Bianca and her adventurous spirit. She did seem to have trouble making a choice but thankfully fate has a hand in making things work out. I would love to see a spin-off with her sisters, they are quite the bunch!!

I liked Emil and felt for his past and current situation. I always have a weakness for a Gypsy rogue!! I am also drawn to Tom, who really is not happy in London. I thought he let family and society pressures keep him away from Jamaica, which he truly loved. While his heart was in the right place, it just wasn't meant to be.

The feelings seemed more tentative between Bianca and Tom, more friendship and admiration than love. Things were much lustier for Bianca and Emil, but that often leads to deeper emotions.

The story does have a little drag and gets a bit repetitive, a lot of running away. Still it was very entertaining and a little heartbreaking.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Stevie Zimmerman, who is delightful. The British accent suited the setting of the book and was a lovely addition to the narration. She has a delightful way with the character voices. She managed to make them all distinct and consistent. I would have liked a but more accent for the Gypsies. She has a very brisk pace in the read, some might want to play at half speed to keep up, personally I like it quicker. I am definitely looking forward to hearing her read the rest of the series.

There is a weird quirk in the audio, it pauses after each chapter before it starts again. I like a smoother read and this was a distraction.

Overall this was a enjoyable read, even when it was being a touch frustrating. I really liked the characters and see growth in the storytelling. I can not wait to see the next book, a certain drunkard in this book needs to find some much deserved happiness.