grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Hunters Moon, The Fae Medallion (Seer's Of The Moon #1)

Hunters Moon, The Fae Medallion (Seer's Of The Moon #1) - Geraldine Allie This was an interesting listen, it just took a while getting to the meat of the story. I also had to work through my general "eh" attitude toward the genre.

The story is intriguing mixing fae mythology with vampires in an Aurthorian time period. It is a very interesting mix and I am curious about the rest of the series.

I liked Victoria in the start, even though she is a bit angsty. If I could see fairies I would be thrilled, even if I could not share that news with others. When she goes to her Aunt and Uncle's house things take a major turn for the dark. And six years of story gets skimmed over like it did not matter.

We then jump to Percy, who is a carefree fae Prince. When the two stories converge things get more intriguing but not a lot of action. This feels like a big set-up for the rest of the series.

The romance gets skimmed, as does much of the story. It hints at intimacy but never gives any details. Very clean sort of romance read.

It is a very interesting concept and the bones are there, but it is lacking in the meat. A great deal of time is spent telling us information we don't really need. As a reader, I prefer books to show me what happens in a story rather than telling me after the fact. I was disappointed all the Vampire stuff was left hanging.

The narrative comes from the two leads POVs, switching back and forth smoothly. It helped make them real and gave insight into what they were feeling. It definitely makes the story fuller and more engaging. I really liked how Victoria grew throughout the story and finally gained strength.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Alex Hyde-White, who is wonderful as always. He has a delicious rumble to his voice that is dynamic and soothing at the same time. His accents are delightful, he keeps the voices distinct and consistent. He a a steady pace, I like it a touch quicker, but he fits the leisurely feel of the story.

Overall, I was hoping for more from this book. It definitely has the feel of the start of an epic series, but it was lacking motion. While the beginning is interesting, it really drags. Just when the story gets active, it ends. I might pick up the rest of the series as it releases, I am curious where this is headed.