grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Scaredy Kat

Scaredy Kat - Elizabeth Cody Kimmel This is a terrific series for tween readers who are into Paranormal reads. Really great books for boys and girls, even though the main character is a girl, it is not girly. Great lessons and role models for quirky kids.

Kat is still dealing with the whole teen medium issues, kinda tough when you are afraid of the ghosts. She has some trials get get through, but in the end she comes to terms with things. There are a few scarier moments in this book than the last one. We get a little more into the dark elements along with the light.

I love the relationship between the best friends, they really compliment each other. This is one of the best parts of the whole series. They have a great dynamic and really support each other.

The story this time flows nicely, the mystery is not too difficult to solve. Definitely has a nice twist at the end. The pace is great, I never felt a drag in the narration.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Allyson Ryan, who has a great feel for the characters. She reads a a terrific pace for young listeners. I like things a touch faster, so I speed it up on my Audible. Her tone really suits the characters and the story. I would have liked a touch more energy in the read at dramatic moments, but that is just me being picky.

Overall, this is a fantastic read, engaging and intriguing from beginning to end. I am enjoying t he series, but wish it would follow through on the dark elements she encounters. Those thread seem to get left hanging, at least that is the case in the first book and this one. I know it is for tweens but a little more scare won't hurt.