grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Whiskey Sour

Whiskey Sour - Liliana Hart This is a really fun and quirky series, at times it feels very familiar, rather like a few other characters on TV and in books. Still it is entertaining and draws you in like a warm cup of hot chocolate. I am enamored with the characters and sold on the whole series!

Addison is kind of a hot mess as a detective, she solves cases in spit of her ineptitude and too stupid to live moments. She is very lucky to have such a great support system with Kate, Nick RoseMarie, her mom and now Savage. I would hate to see what would happen if these folks didn't have her back! It is fun to watch her fumble through but ya worry about the girl a lot!

The romance takes a slight turn with the love triangle, this feels very familiar. I liked Addison and Nick in the first book and really wanted them to have progressed the relationship in this book. But his control issues are a touch annoying, sure she is clueless at the job, but ya gotta let her fly. I kind of think Savage is a better fit for her, he lets her have her head while keeping tabs from a distance.

The mystery is more focused this time around, not all those pesky red herrings. There are still side cases but they don't get in the way as much. The pacing is great and everything flows. I hope things get a little more complex as the series progresses, but it is also great that things stay pretty light.

The book is all first person, which I don't mind so much in audiobooks. Somehow it makes the read feel more dynamic. Addison is such a fun character that you can't help but fall into her schemes.

Things finally get smexy, but the details are not there. The bedroom door is mostly closed, it gets NC-17 but never full on erotic. All the chemistry and sexual tension will have your on edge!

I listened to the audiobooks narrated by Connie Ventress, who has a delicious Southern accent. She makes everything blend together, the quirkiness of Addison and the energy of the small town really come through. The pace is brisk, I like things quicker, so I speed the read up a notch. It is a fabulous pairing of book and narrator. She has a sweet and soothing tone, just enough depth to the Southern to make it smooth.

Overall, it is a very entertaining read, quirky and fun while keeping the mystery moving. This is one of those series you either love or hate, I am firmly in love. Sure there are flaws but it is just so charismatic I can't hope but overlook them.