grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Redemption

Redemption - Donna Augustine There is a lot of drama in this book, Jo and Cormac just can not be happy for more than a minute. Seriously, if it isn't her angst, it is his.

Once again everything is from her POV, so we have no idea what the big lug is thinking. It really limits the reader and leaves you to wonder, until Jo is told what is happening.

I really wanted to love this book, but there was more drag in the story than I generally like. We could have skipped much of the moping and posturing, it has all been done before. Jumping to the last third of the book brings the whole thing to a head. The battle could have been longer and more indepth. I was fine with the final resolution.

There is a bit of smexy, but not much. Just enough detail to make it NC-17 but not as far as an erotic read. The romance has build to this point, I would have liked a more hot bedroom action!! Cormac has definite Dom tendencies!!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Laurel Schroeder, who is great. I love all the sass she add to Jo and the gruffness of Cormac. Great pace that keeps the story moving and accentuates the action scenes. She is terrific and a real credit to the series. I loved the emotion she was able to infuse into the read. I will definitely look for more of her work!

Overall I enjoyed the series, I just wish there were more of the aftermath. Fill us in on all the supporting characters we have come to love.