grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Deadmistress

Deadmistress - Carole B. Shmurak This was a really interesting quick listen little mystery. It felt like it wasn't the first book in the series. The other characters seemed very familiar with Susan and her curiosity.

I really liked Susan and her spunk. She has insatiable curiosity that could get her in trouble in the future. She is smart enough not to fall into TSTL traps. She has a really great supporting cast in her husband Swash, friends Ellaine, Mark and John. I also loved Granny at the private school.

The mystery wasn't too difficult, still interesting and engaging. I did not like the possible cheating and was also not for the teacher who sleeps with his students not being punished.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Barbara Benjamin-Creel. She does a great job keeping the energy of the lead character and makes the story move. She has a great feel for Susan, which is important because it all comes from her POV. Nice pace and tone throughout the read.

I will definitely be looking at more of this series. Even thought the book it ten years old it still felt current. I will have to investigate if this was in fact the first book or somewhere else in the series.