grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Braineater Jones

Braineater Jones - Stephen Kozeniewski So, Noir may not be my thing. I generally enjoyed this book but it wasn't something I felt the need to devour. It has the added elements of zombies, not a favorite but not something I loathe. This book turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Extremely creative concept, who who would have thought to combine the two genres?

Braineater is a very likeable fellow, for a zombie. I really enjoyed his narrative, terrific engaging character. I found myself routing for him all the way. Who can resist a tough guy detective?

This book has that AMC feel to it, felt like I was reading a James Cagney movie! I love the whole atmosphere. Not my favorite era, but very entertaining. Definitely not a happy time to be a lady, I probably would have decked somebody! But other than that, and I was warned by the author, all was good.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Steve Rimpici, who really fits the book. He has a great voice for noir, just the right old-timey feel. I loved the pace of the read, it really moved through the whole book, both action and descriptive sections. I would definitely look into more of his reads. I wonder if he has any romances out there? His voice has just enough rasp to make it smexy!

The mystery was intriguing, even if it did not go the way I expected. I did not hate the twist, just felt it was a bit left field. All things considered Mr Kozeniewski penned a pretty great book and chose the perfect narrator to bring it to life!