grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Death of the Couch Potato's Wife

Death of the Couch Potato's Wife - Christy Barritt This book was a bit love hate for me. I really did like the characters and quirky town. There were some moments I really enjoyed and others that I simply tolerated.

I really liked Laura and her friend Babe. They are quite the pair. There are times when Laura gets angsty, sure she has stuff to deal with but the whining is a touch annoying. When she is not mopey she is rather fun to read. The supporting cast is also quite entertaining. The town of Boring is far from it!

The mystery was intriguing, not what I expected in the end. I kind of thought the twist would be more somehow. I hate it when my imagination comes up with a better situation than the book presents. This is what comes from being a prolific reader.

This was billed as a religious mystery, not a lot of content in that direction. I expected more mentions of church or scriptures, or something. I did not really know what to expect, while I was not looking for preaching, I did think there would be more mentions throughout.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Christa G. Lewis, who really kept me listening. I loved her voice and she had a great energy in the read. She has one of those voices that lends itself to a mystery, she was bringing with curiosity! Throughout the book she has a great pace that keeps the story moving at trying moments. She is a true compliment to the book.