grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

High Stakes Bride

High Stakes Bride - Caroline Clemmons I am a sucker for a sweet romance, especially a fake marriage that becomes very real!! Sigh, this is one of my favorite themes.

Zach is all yummy alpha guy with a gruff exterior that hides a gooey center! Yeah, he is a little angsty, but it doesn't last for long. He is almost too good a guy, but that is the joy or romance novels. Personally I always find a guy with a scar quite dashing!

Alice is very sweet and more than a touch naive. I love the banter between her and Zach. They have a great dynamic in their relationship. She has a bit of spunk to her at times and I love the way she defends her man!

The supporting cast is awesome again. I love the aunts and grumpy big brother Joel. It was nice to visit with Micah and Hope from the first book as well. The family atmosphere of this series if very heartwarming. I adore the dynamic and banter they all share.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Emily Beresford. I have listened to several of her other reads, really enjoyed them. This was a bit different from her other performances as she was trying on a few accents. I wasn't sure the accent was successful, a bit too country for my liking. The twang was a bit harsh to listen to in the beginning. It wasn't so bad as to put me off the book, but not my favorite read of hers. The other voices were great and stayed consistent throughout. Great pace, I prefer a quick read and she always delivers in that department!

The romance is sweet, bedroom door is open but details never get erotic. They spend plenty of time getting to know each other before taking that plunge, so to speak.

Plenty of action in the story, another spunky gal saves herself!! Woohoo to girl power. Even in the old west these gals were rockin it out!