grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Something About You

Something About You - Julie James I was not sure what to expect when starting this contempo romance. I was so happily surprised by the banter, engaging characters and dynamic writing. There were many laugh out loud moments and plenty of action to keep the story moving.

Cameron is a spunky gal with a sassy attitude. I love a confident heroine who can hold her own with a very Alpha hero. Jack is just that delicious slice of macho meant for her. The dialogue between these two is fabulous. You can feel the sizzle when they meet again and things get even hotter along the way.

The supporting cast is great and I really hope we get all their HEA, from meet-cute to I Love You! All the interactions are delightfully playful and fun to read.

The FBI/US Attorney story was great, it really moved things right along. I prefer when my romances have something other than just the love story. There was plenty of action on that front and just enough danger to keep you on the edge of the seat.

As for the smexy stuff, there is just enough detail in the open bedroom door to send a gal to the cold shower! It wasn't full blown erotic but it had plenty of steam! I am a sucker for a dominant type fella who takes charge in the bedroom. Oh yeah!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Karen White, who is always fantastic. She has a terrific tone to her voice that suits both the male and female characters. For a woman she certainly hits the right tone for the guy's voice at the naughty bits. Ms White is one of my favorite readers for contempo romances. Her voice infuses every book with added energy and heat in just the right moments.

I am totally gone for this series!! I can not wait to see who finds love next! It will also be fun checking back in with these two!