grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Rejected Suitor

The Rejected Suitor - Teresa McCarthy I really wanted to love this book, it just did not connect for me. There was something about the dialogue that felt flat. It had witty moments but they just did not fell light.

Mostly I was annoyed with Emily, I know this is a historical but she was not to my liking. I wanted more fire and spunk from her. I was also not pleased with the hero, Jared married another woman and only came sniffing around again after she died. Nope not something I am generally a fan.

The story is nicely done, it just feels dry and did not give me warm fuzzies. I am not really sure what to expect in the brother's books either. They were very overbearing and really ticked me off.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Pearl Hewitt, who does a great job. She has a really lovely voice that makes the read more enjoyable. Her pace is swift and really moves along keeping the pace steady. Her voices were fabulous and really consistent. I will definitely look for more of her work.

I already have the second book in the series, so I will give it a listen, but I am not sure if it is more like this. I really could have used more intrigue and less of the romance. Perhaps it was just my mood.