grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Don't Look Back Agnes/In This House

Don't Look Back Agnes/In This House - Kathryn Meyer-Griffith I wasn't sure what to expect coming into this book, I confess I skipped reading the blurb. It is a delightful ghost story that gets spooky but never frightful.

Agnes has come home and this is more about her exploring a place she left and reconnecting. The tragedy in her youth kept her away from her hometown and mother.

In order to settle in again she has to go back to that tragedy and help set things right. Ghosts and killers make a showing in this delightful story.

I loved the story and the interactions with her mother. It was beautiful and I really hoped it would have evolved into a series. There are more stories to tell here.

There is also the short story In This House, it is a sentimental journey. While I knew where it was heading I willing fell into the trap. I confess I was sobbing in the end. A very bitter sweet tale.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Lesley Ann Fogle, who is a perfect fit for the story. She has a warmth and texture to her voice that lends added depth to the storytelling. Her narration moves seamlessly through the stories. I was enchanted all the way through!

I am eager to read more of this author. She has a delightful voice and a way of enchanting the reader.

Disclosure - I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, ratings and opinions are my own.