grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Honey House

Honey House - Laura Harner I came into this book a little blind, didn't read the blurb just before reading. I ended up pleasantly surprised! What a great story, and hopefully start to the series!

I loved KC and her snarky sass! She has a slightly jaded outlook, but she has earned it through life. Seeing the layers of her story peel away was fantastic. It wasn't a shocking reveal, but definitely kept me engaged. You really get a feel for what has shaped her.

The whole book is from her POV, which limits things a bit. I really wanted a peek into the supporting characters heads, especially Quinn and Owen. Just to have an inkling of how they feel would be great.

Hello smexy scenes!!! Heck yeah the bedroom door is kicked open!!! And not to give anything away, it gets steamy more then once!!! This girl has some serious attractions happening with a few hotties!! Triple Fan Face!

The paranormal elements of this story could be stronger. The world is still loosely defined. I am interested in seeing it progress with the series. There are many unanswered questions still about KC, the Honey House and the town in general.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Sonja Field, who is great. I love her the sassy raspy to her voice, it really sells KC's attitude. The men were also very well done, she hits just the right amount of depth to carry them. Her pace is swift and the read is energetic. Can't wait to find more of her reads!

Overall, I am thrilled to have found another author to stalk...I mean follow. She has a couple other series I need to check out. I really hope to see more of her work in audio...soon!!