grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Bad Traffick

Bad Traffick - D.V. Berkom Wow!! What a great second book, really involved story line. Warning: There is a very raw scene of a rape. It is a tough bit to read.

Again, there is a bit going on in the story other than the main plot of the sex traffickers. That main plot is actually a fantastic plotline. There are plenty of different angle coming at Leine. Good thing she has all that experience from her old life. Too bad that past is catching up with her too.

The narrative is mixed going from several points of view. It is a terrific device for letting the reader in on all the intricacies of the plot. The switches are very well done and always clear when a new narrator is driving the tale. It is in large chunks, which keeps things from getting jumpy.

There is a bit more smexy time with Leine and yummy Santiago. A fair amount of detail to make a gal hot! Not as much as an erotic romance, but no where near closed bedroom door. While the love seems rather quick, I am willing to follow the lust and attraction between them. I can believe love later on in the series.

I really liked the supporting cast and all the dynamics between them. I can not say I was surprised by any of the turns in the plot. Sometimes that doesn't matter in a great story. I was riveted from beginning to end. I fell in love with shallow actor Miles, especially as he grew and found depth. It is really easy to feel for him and Mara the young runaway. You even feel for Selena, she isn't bad, just doing what she has to in order to survive.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Kristi Alsip, who was fantastic. I was very happy with the change of narrator. She has a swift pace that adds energy to the read at key moments. I loved her voices and the consistency in them. She had great accents and choices to keep the voices distinct. I really hope she stays with the series. Her tone is slightly raspy and hold all the jaded world weariness of the lead character.

Overall, I was thrilled with this book. I did not want it to end. I was on the edge of my seat at the end of the book! Seriously a nailbitter! I hope there are more books to come!