grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Blood Debt

Blood Debt - Nancy Straight This is a fresh new take on paranormal reads. Not a lot of centaurs out there, not that I have read. This takes elements of mythology and wraps them into a modern setting. Really fantastic world building.

Cami is a great character. I love that even though she comes from humble beginning she is pretty solid in her background. To be thrown into a suddenly rich lifestyle but to keep yourself, is tough. I like that she wasn't letting it change who she was as a person.

The romance is really well done. At first I was a bit wary, cause he was attached to another lady. Fortunately this is a mixed narrative and you get to see how it shapes up.

This book has a great supporting cast, many of then take over the narrative for a bit. It is a little jumpy at times, but it helps get make a fuller story. There are a lot of elements to keep track of throughout. The mixed narrative helps you understand everything and keeps the story popping.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Teri Schnaubelt. She does a fabulous job with all the voices and accents. There was so much to do, with all those narratives. She keeps it consistent and distinctive. Her pace is swift and really helps move the story along. I enjoyed her energy and am eager to hear her in the rest of the series.

I am very eager to see where the story goes next, This is definitely a series that is connected and needs to be read in order. This book ends on a happy note, not a cliffhanger but not a happy ever after.

Disclosure - I received a copy of this book in exchange for and honest review. All thoughts, opinions and ratings are my own.