grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

California Schemin'

California Schemin' - Kate George I have no idea what happened between the first book and this one, honestly it is a total different feel. The story is all over the place, hard to follow and the plot made little sense.

It is mostly a series of Bree getting kidnapped, escaping only to get nabbed again. It was never ending and disjointed.

Where was the sleep resort town angle of the first book? We popped in for a visit but didn't stay, cause Bree was kidnapped.

I wanted to like the book and really tried to stick with the plot. There are some fun supporting characters who will have you in stitches. Unfortunately that is it for what i liked about his book.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Sara Mackie, who is excellent. She has just the right touch of snark in her read to really sell the character. Great pace throughout the book and terrific energy. She is probably the main reason I kept listening well after I lost interest.

Oh, please let the next book be back in town with that awesome supporting cast! And her feisty pet menagerie!!

Disclosure - I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thought, opinions and ratings are my own.