grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Crazy Little Thing Called Dead

Crazy Little Thing Called Dead - Kate George NO, No, NO!!!!!! I refuse to finish this book. Here is a nasty spoiler kids, the animals die in a house fire. Almost all the menagerie we have come to love over the course of three books is sadistically whipped out. This is what makes me wish I never started the series. I am not ok with this turn of events as all. It was a needless event that rips your heart out.

The book is a bit all over the place like the second book in the series, but it stayed with the plot better. I just can not write a proper review because I am so distraught about the pets. It is such a breach of trust for the author to make you love animals through a series and then kill almost all of them and make you grieve with the main character. I was unprepared for this in a book that had been a cozy mystery. I am far from cozy now.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Sara Mackie, who is excellent. She has just the right touch of snark in her read to really sell the character. Great pace throughout the book and terrific energy. I tried to continue because i like her read, but it just became to difficult with the subject matter.

This is pretty much the end of this series and possibly this author for me. I have a hard and fast rule about animals and kids, never ever do I want to read about them being hurt or killed. It is sad because I enjoyed the first book and had hope the series would improve.