grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Winning The Alpha (BBW Paranormal Romance) (Wolf Rock Shifters)

Winning The Alpha (BBW Paranormal Romance) (Wolf Rock Shifters) - Carina Wilder I wanted to love it...but

This book has a great concept, shifters coming out using a dating show. So much potential for awesome. It just fell flat, mostly because the hero is not the bachelor of the show. The curvy lady, Nikki wants to stay around because she has the hots for producer Tristen.

It was stated early in the book that dismissed contestants are kept in seclusion until the end. Why couldn't she just get eliminated and spend time with her man off the show. They would still be in the same place and she would not have to pretend to like the jerky muscle head. This is the major crux of the plot and what kept me from loving the book.

This is all first person from Nikki's POV, it really limits things. I went back and forth with liking her and being annoyed. It just seemed so pointless at times. It started fairly strong but went off track quickly.

This is a typical BBW where the curvy girl doesn't feel sexy or think she has a chance with a hot guy. It gets a little bipolar as she fluctuates between low self esteem and bursts of confidence.

The steam is kind of light, more talk than action in the bedroom department. There is a bit of detail, don't blink or you will miss it.

I am interested in the next book because it is smexy bears. I just hope it is a more engaging plot. And please not in first person!!!!

Lucky me the series is on the new Kindle Unlimited. I get to try them risk free. Still I am disappointed, cause the blurb sounded great.