grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

The Case of the Killer Divorce (A Jamie Quinn Mystery)

The Case of the Killer Divorce (A Jamie Quinn Mystery) - Barbara Venkataraman This is another quick read in the series. Jamie is back to practicing law and getting over her melancholy from her mother's passing. The time line was a little jumpy at times.

In addition to trying to help her divorce client who is accused of her husband's murder, Jamie is also looking for her father. Oh yeah, throw in a little dating. For such a short read there really is a lot going on.

I generally like these books but find them too short, wish there were more show and less tell. They are all from Jamie's POV, which limits the scope of the narrative.

Not huge mysteries, but fun to read. Fabulous supporting cast in her friends Grace and Duke. I also love smarmy lawyer Nick!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Carrie Lee Martz, who is great. I really enjoy the texture of her voice and the pace of the read. I like the way she plays with Duke's voice, he is quite the character. The only thing I really didn't like are the sound moments, ie a sigh when somebody sighs. They just take me out of the read.

Overall, another entertaining book in the series. I really hope the third is coming out in audio soon!